Sunday, September 30, 2018

Month 7 Loc Journey Update

I couldn’t just skip over month 7 of my loc journey like it never happened. I uploaded a video on my YouTube channel, but I never posted a blog. 

During month 7, I noticed the locs on my side were not as strong as the others. I made the decision to combine 2 locs on each side. This was a great decision. 

I've always struggled with my edges. In my relaxer days I had to be very gentle. Going natural almost 10 years ago has helped with this issue. If I dig a little deeper; I remember when postpartum took my edges out lol I laugh now, but it wasn’t funny both pregnancies. 




Month 7 was great!  I learned how to take action before matters get worse. Combine your locs if you need too! A  strong foundation is important. 


Products
I used the suave clarifying shampoo. I don't use conditioner. I retwist with extra virgin olive oil. I still sit under the dryer for 30 mins. I wear a bonnet to bed. Some nights the bonnet doesn’t make an appearance. However, I try my best to wear one. 

 I am truly proud to say that I maintain my own locs. I’m even more proud to say  I started and maintain my daughters locs. 


Month 7 is about maturity. My locs are thicker and feel healthy. I am so satisfied thus far! 

Later 💕✌🏽


 

No comments:

Post a Comment