Saturday, April 30, 2011
Of course I did research on how to "Properly handle your colored hair". I AM ready to dye my hair again. I told myself every Summer I would do so , just like I did last summer :). I know I have hair goals but I will have to compromise my goal for some "COLOR". I just feel color complements me and I know I'm not the only one. I also feel that just because I'm a NATURALISTA" that I don't have to limit myself from doing so. However, this is a personal decision. So for those who are thinking about coloring your tresses Thought I would share some tips :
1. Trim your hair every four to six weeks to remove split ends and make your hair more manageable.
2. IF you are going to use shampoo make sure it's specially formulated for color-treated hair, and if you must wash everyday, shampoo only once. When you shampoo, avoid tugging your hair, and wash gently. Rinse thoroughly to remove all traces of the shampoo. Don't wash your hair if it isn't dirty.
3. Use a conditioner for color-treated hair each time you shampoo, and apply a little extra to the ends. Rinse thoroughly to remove all traces of the conditioner. Removing all traces of shampoo and conditioner minimizes any film that attracts dirt, hides hair's natural shine, and makes hair less manageable. It also means that you may not have to wash as often.
4 Apply a deep conditioner once a month ( MANDATORY)!
5. Use a wide-tooth comb to detangle your hair with minimal breakage or a Tangle Teezer or the best way FINGER COMB!! :)
6. The more heat you apply, the more damage you inflict to the cuticle.
7. Avoid curling irons and hot rollers. Style your hair with a brush and blow dryer.
8. If you must apply mousse, styling gel, and/or hair spray, apply them sparingly. All of these styling aids contain drying chemicals and dull the shine.
9. Brush your hair gently or not at all :).
10. Use hair accessories instead of rubber bands for ponytails. Rubber bands are not your FRIEND :)
12. Avoid chlorine, and when you do swim, wash the chlorine out of your hair as soon as possible after swimming.
13. I have also learned that when you color your hair, there's no need to apply color to your entire head. I know I'm guilty of that but it may be easier to color your entire head, but repeatedly coloring the ends inflicts more damage and encourages breakage. Instead, apply color to the roots and pull the color through with a wide-tooth comb at the end.
14. Color your entire head no more than twice a year. (See that's why I stick to the Summer RULE) :)
If your hair is beyond help from repeated chemical processes, your last line of defense is a short haircut (and I know I know u don't want that to happen :) .So please try to follow the steps to GROW manageable, shiny, healthy looking color-treated hair.
Posted by Author of Blog at 4:56 PM
Friday, April 29, 2011
YOU GUYS LOOK WHAT I WON!!! Product Reviews!! and a GIVEAWAY coming soon!! Now I'm just waiting to hear the BIGGER news (GRAND PRIZE)! I will keep u posted!!
Posted by Author of Blog at 11:48 AM
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
CONTEST TIME! well not from me but my Girl KeKe52284 Check out the Video !!! Great giveaway. Rules are below ! Good Luck!
1. Must be a subscriber to my YT channel
2. Must subscribe to my blog: http://keke52284.blogspot.com/
3. Must be 18 years or older
4. Must type comment below the video on my YouTube channel, "Keke, I Want That Stuff!"
5. One entry per person
Posted by Author of Blog at 10:53 PM
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
The prizes are soooooooo awesome!! A RUN -DOWN
Glam Weekend for winner and her best girlfriend in Atlanta
Includes airfare and luxury hotel for 2 nights, limousine service throughout the weekend and $1000 in spending money. Also includes a hair, make-up, and clothing makeover AND dinner with Bystorm/ JIVE Records recording artist Miguel at a top Atlanta restaurant. A professional photographer will take shots so that you will always remember the weekend!
I am soooooooooooo excited! Ya'll just don't understand LOL!
BTW my best girlfriend ...
...my MOM!!!! Wish me LUCK curlies we find out MAY 1st 2011!!!!!!!!!
Posted by Author of Blog at 7:31 AM